Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kulfi...fiestaaa!!!!


It’s almost time to leave from office (yet another hour to go though) and I was hungry and we don’t have an in-house cafeteria yet so usually we have to call for snacks from outside. This time though we planned to go out at a nearby bhel-puri joint and eat something.
There’s this excellent bhel puri joint nearby and eat nice ragda…yummy umm. Its awesome to eat chaat in the rains. And most of us have tried chaats in the rains… but has anyone ever tried having kulfi ??! hehehe I did…just now. The stall that I went to eat chaat at, has some special Kulfi’s too on the menu!
It’s been a childhood favorite and I still remember having kulfi’s from the kulfiwala who used to come outside our school when the school got over. And given a chance who wouldn’t like to have a taste of it??! Neither could I resist the urge to eat kulfi when I got to know that Kulfi’s are available here . So I quickly gobbled down the Ragda and then got kulfi. Now since I was out during office hours, it is not advisable that I spend a lot of time outside office during office hours, so instead of finishing the Kulfi at the joint, I decided to eat it, walking back to office.
I am sure it must have been looking really funny...for most people would want to drink nice hot chai in such a weather. It’s was drizzling and I was eating the kulfi……wow!!! What an amazing feeling:D. The temperature has been really low for the past few days and that helped keeping the kulfi from melting down. :D woooooooooohooo!
Now that was a refreshing break!!!
[for those who don’t know what Kulfi mean: it is our own Indian Ice-cream, made out of milk, cream, some dry fruits. Its’ molded in long conical moulds and set on a reasonable thick cut bamboo stick or softwood stick]

2 comments:

Ankur said...

humare yahan par ek dandi wali kulfi wala aata tha!! aur woh raat ko arnd 11.30 aata tha, aur woh tab tak "tan-tan" (do u remember tat?) karta rehta tha jab tak hum nahi aate the khane! !:D
he was the best i had for long... :)

and i m envyin u now!! :P

have fun buddy..

Ankur said...

no updates when the computer is fine now toh!! :-/