Friday, September 5, 2008

here's one to pune rains!!!! (and everything else)

So the rain has caused ample havoc in the city…well I think it is wrong to say that the rain caused a havoc, it is actually the infrastructure that gets immensely messed up when it rains (a tad heavier than normal)
I have in my life in Pune never seen rains so heavy (well in my life in Pune I have never seen such chaos either)
All I am seeing for over last 5 days is a heavy rain….leading to water logging thanks to ill planned roads and no contingency planning! A disaster when everyone leaves homes at the same time…..what I saw in terms of traffic says that! Jams that could make you feel miserable and that you cannot move a step ahead or back. Once you are stuck …then its like a victory when you make thru a few yards in an hour!
It looks so strange, the city looks like its been taken over by extended mass hysteria! (not that it normally does’nt look so, but considering the past few days it looks so! Only a degree higher)
Strange…inspite of the roads that sport potholes shamelessly, traffic that sucks! And all the irrational “human error” driven traffic jams…I am still in absolute love with this city!

1 comment:

Ankur said...

it hasnt rain today!!
and i hope it will not!!!

and did u ever notice that wherever there are policemen at signals, there the traffic worsens, cause they keep letting one side go for 2-2.5 mins... which is ridiculous!!

This city sucks for infra big time!!