Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lemon Tree!!!

I was just sitting idle today doing nothing much (of course I believe I am a tad talented to finish work before time…hehe so much for the self –praise!) And I recollected this funny incident that my father tells everyone we meet ….

This dates back to, when I was a little girl.

I was (and even now am) very fond of “Nimbu Pani” (lemonade). In Punjabi (my mother tongue) we call it “shakanjmee”.

We then had a really small house and there was not much space to really have a big lawn or a kitchen garden. But my father has always had an interest in gardening.

One summer he got home a lemon sapling, while he was planting it, in whatever limited space we had, I went up to him and asked him inquisitively “what are you doing papa?”; My father knowing that I am fond of “Nimbu pani” and also knowing for a fact that I am far too short of patience as well, told me “this is a lemon sapling, and one day you will be able to make lots of Nimbu pani”. I was thrilled and was jumping all around the place talking about the lemon tree :).
The next day, when my father came back home from work, I walked up to him with something in my hands….and said “shakanjmee”.
My father couldn’t but stop laughing when I handed him...the lemon sapling pulled out from the roots!!!

Now I don’t really remember of having done this, but listening to my father narrate this to everyone…for a good hearty laugh …does leave me guessing….how foolish…but how so innocent!

4 comments:

Ankur said...

hahaa..
hahaha... :P :P
hehe

aise hi bachpan mai kehte the ki beta nimbu ka beej aa jaaye toh spit it and dont swallow it!!!

par aaj tak koi tree nahi aaya mere munh se bhi!! !:P :P
hehee

good one.. :P
hahaha

Kamalzz said...

yeah...i remember my mother telling me not to swallow watermelon seeds else i would become like a watermelon and they'll have to cut me into two halves !!!

hehehe...funny how they kept telling us not to do something and we still did (curiosity!)

Ankur said...

seriously!!! :P
like dont play with the scissors otherwise we will have a fight with the neighbors!! :P

ceedy said...

hehehe....

that was creative ;)