Wednesday, July 16, 2008

pea sized brain at work.....(of art)

I got this huge stack of photos (most of them cactus flowers) collected from the web (with due respect and thanks to the original owners of the photos)

I am going to attempt painting some of them (I still haven’t figured out or yet decided the method or means I am going to use). But I believe it is going to be good fun….especially since I am getting back the creative stint, Mom blessed me with (she is a very good artist herself)….though I am far from good compared to what my cousin ‘s art work is (he makes these absolutely stunning portraits, sketches , sculptures and not-so-easily-comprehensible pieces of art).

A photo of yellow-ochre and orange colored Japanese umbrellas which looks like slightly displaced concentric circles… is what that has caught my attention.
I think that would be my first attempt at trying…but there are at least 49 more shots of thorn clad beauties (the cactus flowers) and some landscapes and objects that I have collected and I am not sure which one will override my mood and senses when I pick up the drawing board and colors…..if not I think it would turn out something incomprehensible yet again!

It has been really long since I got in touch with the gifted skills of mine ( I call them gifted because since childhood, I have had this keen interest to play with colors and try to attempt creating something unique….so far have not been successful though)
Well I hope I stick to this one …it’s rare that I stick to what I decide to do…like my decision to quit smoke and get regular with my workouts…hehehe funny…I know I know…it aint that funny…but sometimes I just don’t care :P !

Lets see what my pea- sized-brain- in- a- barrel churns out today : )

4 comments:

Ankur said...

well... what matters is that u like it!! :)

We do such things for ourselves... and its important to keep that creative thing going!!
so .. keep it up!! :)

and i will be waiting to see the picture!!! :)

Cheers!!!

Kamalzz said...

hehe :D
likewise.....

ceedy said...

cool... came to your blog from Ankurs..

hope to see the pea size brain churn out something cool

Kamalzz said...

yeps...trying!
(and thanks for visiting my blog!)